Monday, November 12, 2012

When you see a light...

I am amazed.

In the last two days, there is a light in David.

He understands.

He is paying more attention to things.

He's being intentional with his discussions toward us. Don't get me wrong, he still perseverates on the things he loves a lot.

He went over and picked up Troy's phone off the floor and told Troy "I'm putting your phone on the entertainment center Daddy."

Intention.

Absolute Blessing! I feel like crying, and WHY NOT! I feel like we are truly starting to see our beautiful boy emerge right before our eyes!

Praise Jesus!

I'm just sayin'...

I know we have a long road ahead still. All the effort for the last three years has paid off!

Well, if I really think about it, the MAIN effort was in the last year. I still feel like I didn't get anywhere that first two years ACCEPT to educate myself on my child's condition and to plead and pray for the Lord to guide me. I knew in my heart of hearts I wasn't getting responses with the first doctor.

I needed change in David and I wasn't seeing it. All the things I read and underlined in that book when David was first diagnosed had all been set aside and put on the back burner...because the doctor we were seeing wanted to go a different route.

That need FINALLY led me to go with the doctor that was recommended to me when David was first diagnosed... and she is a tremendous God send.

I knew it was the best move as soon as she spoke. She wanted to start B12 shots right away, one of the things I had underlined in my notes regarding things I felt David would possibly benefit from in all my research.

I recommend her to EVERY mother I have met with a child that has special needs.

For the last four weeks, I have taken David to an indoor trampoline park for some therapeutic jumping and cardio. He and his brother spent time the first two weeks in the "kids section", but I wasn't seeing a good level of real jumping. So, I started going on family night where it's 25% off for entire family to jump.

Tonight, it was just David and me. He wasn't bothered with the music or how many people were there. He jumped and he had fun. He flew into the foam pit this time and CRAWLED to the back of the pit to look outside (big garage door opened to the outside) and see the big bus that the air park uses for group stuff.

When I asked him nicely, he crawled right on back to me, got out on his own and we went and jumped some more. I asked him later if he wanted to see the bus again, he immediately ran over and jumped in the foam pit and crawled to the back again for another peak.

If you have ever been to an indoor trampoline park, and the foam pit...talk about MAJOR heavy work out!

Such good therapy for David (and me) to get in there and have to use ALL our muscles to get out!

Inviting David's friend from school to join us next week. That'll be good a social workout too!

I feel like I could go on and on tonight...my heart feels light for the first time in a long time...like I said, I know we have a long way to go...but I am feeling renewed.

Thank you Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment