Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tulips...

I don't know why I chose a day to take my boys to see the tulips that everyone else on the planet chose as well. Traffic was icky, the weather was gorgeous and the wait in line was long. No child likes to wait in line, right? Once inside, our boys ran free. David was excited by all the color and really loved the tulips. He had a favorite he kept coming back to... "Zurel".

I told the name of the tulip once, and he remembered it the rest of the day.


I took my Dad along for the ride, I think everything was a bit much for him. Dad loves his grand boys, but he has a lot of health issues and finds it difficult to walk for too long as he is an amputee with a prosthesis. His youngest Grandson hung of his hand in line and ran away from him inside, Dad couldn't keep up. We wore him out in 15 minutes...but he is 70 years old...he did pretty good. I'm surprised he didn't conk out in the van on the way home!


They ran to everything, everywhere and left us in the dust.

We packed the entire kitchen to make sure we had all the food I needed to keep us happy on our trip. I get teased a lot because I'm a bit of a girl scout in that sense. I packed food, extra clothes and toys for entertainment...silly me.

David did well considering the amount of people that were there. I had to watch him because he would just fly in front of people taking pictures of the tulips, he was just so excited by all the colors and shapes he didn't notice anything (or anyone) else.

He would have sat here all day if we let him.
 Leaving posed to be an issue, David really didn't want to leave. It helped that his favorite flower was planted at the exit...daffodils. 

They really do make him smile... he loves daffodils!
All in all, we had a good day, got home way later than anticipated and got a late nap. It was worth it to see the boys enjoy the sunshine and fresh air and flowers.

Yeah Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment